Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rguerrasilva

HELP | Toollip

Guys, good morning!

I've added a toolip to my PBI report.
However, I can't scroll down the detail bar to see the other items. Every time I place the cursor over the detail bar, it disappears and doesn't allow me to lower the bar. Do you know how to solve this?

rguerrasilva_0-1700574550504.png

rguerrasilva_1-1700574581485.png

rguerrasilva_2-1700574610916.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Tooltips are not supposed to be scrollable. Make the tooltip smaller, show less data.  There is no point in covering your whole canvas with a tooltip.  Use Drillthrough instead.

View solution in original post

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rguerrasilva ,

Unfortunately, this is by design.
A tooltip is a page used for presentation and is displayed when the mouse hovers over a visual object, it is not on the visual object when you mouse over the detail bar, so the tooltip disappears at that point. Through my test, when you move your mouse quickly from the visual object to the tooltip and roll your mouse quickly, the scrollbar can be rolled. Or you can refer to this to resize the tooltip page to fully display the data without the scrollbar.

Animation33.gif

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

rguerrasilva

5 REPLIES 5
rguerrasilva

thank you!

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rguerrasilva ,

Unfortunately, this is by design.
A tooltip is a page used for presentation and is displayed when the mouse hovers over a visual object, it is not on the visual object when you mouse over the detail bar, so the tooltip disappears at that point. Through my test, when you move your mouse quickly from the visual object to the tooltip and roll your mouse quickly, the scrollbar can be rolled. Or you can refer to this to resize the tooltip page to fully display the data without the scrollbar.

Animation33.gif

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

thank you!

thank you!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Tooltips are not supposed to be scrollable. Make the tooltip smaller, show less data.  There is no point in covering your whole canvas with a tooltip.  Use Drillthrough instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors