Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ynr0225
Helper V
Helper V

Getting error message related to Fabric compute capacity

Hi All,

I am getting this message every time I try to load a .pbix file that uses a dataset on our workspace as a data source.

Ynr0225_0-1703582896192.png

In addition, I and at least one member of my team have also been experiencing extremely slow connection times for any Power Bi reports in any workspace (if they even load at all) as well sporadically over the course of the day.

Please let me know if I need to provide additional information for troubleshooting. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ynr0225 ,

It seems like you are experiencing issues with your organization's Fabric compute capacity, this error message is displayed when certain dataflows and datasets refresh at the same time, causing the capacity to exceed its limit. The recommended solution is to expand your capacity by scaling your Fabric capacity. You can access the expansion operation through this link.

In addition, you mentioned that you and your team have been experiencing slow connection times for any Power BI reports in any workspace. This issue could be caused by a variety of factors, such as network connectivity, server performance, or report complexity. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your network connectivity: Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection. You can also try connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists.
2. Optimize your report: If your report contains complex visuals or large datasets, it may take longer to load. You can try optimizing your report by removing unnecessary visuals or reducing the size of your datasets.
3. Check server performance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ynr0225 ,

It seems like you are experiencing issues with your organization's Fabric compute capacity, this error message is displayed when certain dataflows and datasets refresh at the same time, causing the capacity to exceed its limit. The recommended solution is to expand your capacity by scaling your Fabric capacity. You can access the expansion operation through this link.

In addition, you mentioned that you and your team have been experiencing slow connection times for any Power BI reports in any workspace. This issue could be caused by a variety of factors, such as network connectivity, server performance, or report complexity. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check your network connectivity: Ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection. You can also try connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists.
2. Optimize your report: If your report contains complex visuals or large datasets, it may take longer to load. You can try optimizing your report by removing unnecessary visuals or reducing the size of your datasets.
3. Check server performance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Ynr0225 

what is/are the size of the dataset(s)?

The size of the Worksapce storage?

It must be a capacity limits 

aj1973_0-1703598258678.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors