Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Dynamic Data from User ID

Dears,

I really need to know how to get the data dynamic based on the User ID. I am using Jason URL WEB to get my data.

I have dataset for eg A where i have all the user Name their desgination their manager name and their User ID which is Unique "/api/Project/GetUsers".  I have another dataset from where i am getting the user details using their ID "/api/Timesheet/getTimesheet?UserId=(user ID)". I need to pass a parameter where i can get all the user timesheet. I do not know how to do this, but i understand this is doable.

Thank You In Advance For Your Time.

Regards,

@Anonymous 

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to filter the data set when connecting to the data source, or during the modeling process? What is your expected output? What type of parameters did you mention?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reply 2 times @v-kkf-msft but its not showing, Still i did not find my answer i will reply to general so atleast my concern will appear.

I do not want to filter data, i want to get all my different data in 1. Let me explain in details.

Dataset A i have the list of all projects with their name and unique Id.
Suppose i have 10 project and all the projects have unique ID. As i am using Jason to view my report for a specific project i have to use the Project Id of that particular Project to view project information and detail.

Now i want to build a new Dataset B where i can get all the 10 projects Information and details at 1 place. How can i do this in Power BI using parameters of project unique ID.

Thank You,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors