Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

juanpv19

Gateway Not configured Correctly. File cannot be added to the dataset

Hi 

I am dealing with this problem for 3 days and I cannot figured out how to solve it please help!. 

I will describe step by step how I configured the gateway. I am trying to configure a gateway in a server in order to access some csv files. Thats all

1. This is my gateway version

1.PNG

2. As you can see it is working fine. Inside diagnostics I run the test and all the 56 were ok

3. Then I go to powerbi service. I found the gateway and I add a file to gateway. The connection name is "test". This is only to test the connection and to be sure is "online"

2.PNG

3.PNG

4. Then i go to my data sets. I have an app that has a data set. This data set is a combination of 6 csv files. 

4.PNG

5. I add one source to the gateway by pressing "agregar a la puerta de enlace"

5.PNG

6. When i press "add" it goes back to my data set but the connection does not appear. The status is the same

6.PNG

7. I go to the gateway configuration in order to know what happened. The conecction is there and online. Also the user is added correctly

7.PNG8.PNG

8. I go back again to the data set, just in case. It remains the same. I try to add it agan and again. The connections appears in the gateway configuration but are not added to may data set

9.PNG10.PNG

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @juanpv19 

1. Please make sure the gateway is the latest version.

2. Here's post could be your reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Gateway-not-Configured-Correctly-Workaround-for-SQL-Server-... 

3. Please delete the first data source in manage gateway and add a new data source then check if this issue still happens.

4. If the issue still exists, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice. thanks!

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @juanpv19 ,

I have difficulties to follow due to the non-english screenshots, and I'm currently on the go and for this reason can not check using my gateway setup.

One question, where is the gateway installed?

I assume you installed the gateway using the enterprise mode, meaning not the personal mode.

When the gateway is installed there is a service account, you have to make sure that the service account use is able to access the csv files. I recommend to use a managed service account.

Even more I recommend, that you put the csv into a Sharepoint online library or store them to a onedrive for business folder, this will make the need for an gateway obsolete and is considered more securea, as a service account does not have to have access to the file system

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi tom. Thanks. 

One question, where is the gateway installed? [JP] It is installed in a windows server

I assume you installed the gateway using the enterprise mode, meaning not the personal mode. [jp] Yes, enterprise

When the gateway is installed there is a service account, you have to make sure that the service account use is able to access the csv files. I recommend to use a managed service account. [Jp]The service account is the email that I register in the gateway? Or is the service account the user that is configured in the "Gateway Service account". I register the gateway with my powerbi account email and the "Gateway service account" with a local admin user of the server. I also checked this user is able to access the files:

11.PNG

On the other hand:

I am developing a number of apps based on many csv files that are changing every day in the server. Many apps will use the same csv file sometimes. In that case is better to put the files in a one drive for business and avoid using the gateway? If that is better then this change everything.

Thanks a lot and happy new year!

Regards

Juan Pablo

Hey @juanpv19 ,

use a Sharepoint online library or a onedrive for business folder. This will make the gateway obsoleted, as both are being considered "cloud based" storage.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors