Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skanord
Advocate II
Advocate II

Gateway Error "Please make sure your data gateway (personal mode) is installed and configured..."

Hello, 

I keep getting this error when i try to refresh my report. The gateway in use is an Organisational Gateway, and not a personal one. Everything seems to be configured correctly, and i can't seem to find out why it gives me a "Personal gateway" error. Does anyone have experience with this error? 

Skærmbillede 2021-11-04 170014.png

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if your gateway is fine then next thing I'd check is the dataset mapping.  If you've alread done all this then I'm not sure how much help I can be without more clear error, which you aren't getting. when you go to your dataset settings and drill into the gateway settings, are you seeing the screen indicators the arrows are pointing to?  Is the "maps to" field correct?

gateway setting.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speculate on that but the error message does elude to it wanting a personal gateway so it does seem like it's hanging onto a setting somewhere. I'll try replicating the issue in my internal dev environment and see if I can figure something out.  hopefully someone else has been through this before and can offer a solution

Yes the mapping is correct. The datasets they map to are used by many other reports wihtout issue. I have even tried adding the datasets from scratch to the gateway and i have tried deleting the report and reuploading it. 

Can there be some hidden cache that cause this issue? The report was at one point connected to a personal gateway by mistake, but the personal gateway has been deleted and it is now connected to the same gateway as all the other reports. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..... this is pure theory so don't try this on your prod copy but you could try opening your PBIX file in 7Zip, WinZIp or whatever you have for archive files.  PBIX files are actually archives.  In the archive, there will likely be a Connections file.  You can try deleting that file, editing it and republishing it to see if it will let you point to a new datasource.  If it were me experimenting, I'd step into it by removing the RemoteResource property and value first and then chip away at it just to learn which property is the culprit if thats even the case.   Interested to see if this works for you. 

skeets20_1-1636127486032.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have access to the gateway settings, you'll probably find more information there by doing a test connection. Is your datasource setup to use the gateway?  Either way, the report error isn't helpful so you'll have to look at this from the gateway settings screen, or your admin will need to.

What exactly would i need to look for on the "manage gateway" page? It says my gateway is online and ready to go. And the gateway is not a "personal gateway" so why am i getting a personal gateway error? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors