Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

louagej
Regular Visitor

Failed to update data source credentials: InstanceNotRegistered

Hi,

here is the following scenario were I'm having trouble with:

20160428_091545.gif

• I also added a OData datasources and connected successfully

20160428_092301.png

• When I try to use the Dynamcics NAV content pack, I'm getting following error:

20160428_092442.png

Failed to update data source credentials: InstanceNotRegistered
Activity ID:	7129c7b7-1172-ef3f-78f8-3d08c9c56b10
Request ID:	993455b1-822d-09ac-b3b3-329dc87a5896
Status code:	400
Time:	Wed Apr 27 2016 13:27:50 GMT+0200 (Romance (zomertijd))
Version:	13.0.1100.422
Cluster URI:	https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Details:	InstanceNotRegistered

Anyone has an idea what's not configured right here?

Kind regards,

Job

Kind regards,
Job
14 REPLIES 14
Defrancq

Same problem here.

I can set up an OData gateway to NAV, but it doesn't work to use the content pack. Same error, without 'InstanceNotRegistered'.

powerbi.JPG

Tried authenticating with Windows/Basic/Key, but non works.

when we try to connect CRM Online from power BI we are getting the fallowing error 

Failed to update datasource credentails ,  Please let me know if we misss some settings

I get the same message when trying to connect from powerbi.com. My Power BI desktop can connect without issue.

This is now a known issue:

Start time: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at 8:00 PM UTC

More info: Users that have published workbooks and reports with datasets pointing to existing SharePoint data sources will not be able to set credentials for that data source.

Current status: We've identified that a recent update to the service resulted in unexpected impact to the ability to publish new workbooks and reports. We're working to develop a fix and deploy it to a test environment to ensure it is successful.

Darren
Regular Visitor

We having the same problem. Is there any feedback on the solution?

MichelZ

This seems to be a common problem - we are running into the same issue.

Unfortunately, it does not seem that Microsoft is really interested in a Solution. I'm sure they'll start advertising their Cloud-NAV product soon...

shebr
Resolver III
Resolver III

This is very familiar teritory, I am at the same stage with the same result.

Can anyone from Power BI Admins contribute to this? And is there a step that we are missing?

Thanks

SR

superrel9

Curious to know if anyone has a solution to this issue? We are experiencing similar.

Thx,

-Ariel

Hi Ariel,

I never got a solution for this. What we did, was rebuild the report on Power BI Desktop with the correct oData feed and publish the reports to Power BI Web.

So we don't need the Content Packs of Microsoft anymore.

Regards,

Job

Kind regards,
Job
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@louagej In past I've had similar issues connecting and refreshing with data source that was Active Directory. Though it wasn't enterprise but personal gateway. Best thing I did was contacted Microsoft support and it took a while to work with them but eventually I was able to get answer.

What was the answer? Was it solved? How?

@ankitpatira

Thanks for your reply.

I logged a question on the support site of Microsoft Power BI... I'll let you know if Microsoft came up with a solution.

Kind regards,
Job

Hello @louagej and@ankitpatira we are experiencing a similar issue and I am curious to know if you've managed to understand the root issue and provide details as to the resolution of the problem??

Kind Regards,

-Ariel

Hi Lougej,

We are also experiencing a similar issue and was wondering if you ever received a solution to get this going??

Thx,

Ariel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors