Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBIUsers
Frequent Visitor

Fabric Notebook Scheduled Run Query

Hello Fellow Pbi users,

I've developed a Fabric notebook scripts to refresh a specific table of a Power BI dataset using the semantic link. Please refer to the attached screenshot for the detailed code. I can successfully run the code and refresh the table using the notebook. However, when I schedule it to run automatically, it fails to work.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot of the Workspace Environment that is used for the above notebook is also attached below along with the recent history of the failed scheduled run. 

PS: Fairly new to notebooks. Using fabric notebooks for the first time. Got the semantic link scripts from a post in Linkedin  Fabric Notebook : Script used for refreshing single table of a Power BI datasetFabric Notebook : Script used for refreshing single table of a Power BI datasetFabric Workspace Environment used for the NotebookFabric Workspace Environment used for the NotebookScheduled Run screenshot.Scheduled Run screenshot.

Thank you, 

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Create a pipeline, and include the notebook in it.

Hello Ibendlin, 

I tried setting up a pipeline with the above notebook, but things weren't working. Then, I figured out that once I ditched the "% pip" command, everything just fell into place. I was able to schedule the notebook to run on its own and also with the pipeline after that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards,

hi pbiuser 

Thanks a lot for your great Idea to refresh a pbi model via semantic link python functions on a fabric nootebook

I Guess WE dont need to conect to the pbi  WS  like on python ( Access token via AAD service principal because the notebook IS on the same ws , right  ? 

Similar for a data Factory pipeline on the same Fabric  ws , no nee to connect to internal artifacts ? 

My best  

Hey Chris,

If the semantic model is in the same workspace and you've got the right permissions, no need to authenticate. But I'm a bit stumped on how to handle it when the model is in a different workspace. Any thoughts? Let me know if you come up with any ideas.

Cheers, 

You get the authentication "for free"  but these tokens expire.  You will have to renew them from time to time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors