Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SreejaG

Fabric Capacity is disabled

Hi,

Currently I am working on Trail version of Microsoft Fabric and I wanted to opt for Fabric Capacity as I have Azure subscirption, but looks like Fabric Capacity option is disabled for me in my Fabric workspace. Do I have to follow any steps to ensure I can choose Fabric Capacity as I would like to go for it as its a Pay As you Go scalable option for Production.

Couple of questions:

Do I have to check with the Global Admin and request him to enable Fabric Capacity?

Should my tenant have a Fabric administrator role as a must, will that be default?

Should we raise a support tick to see that option - Fabric Capacity enabled?

What if I want to have Fabric Capacity in place before trial version expires to avoid uninterrupted data engineering?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SreejaG ,

1. Yes, it's advisable to check with your Global Admin. The ability to enable Fabric Capacity within your tenant requires specific administrative privileges. The Global Admin or a Fabric Administrator can enable Microsoft Fabric for the tenant or specific capacities. Contact the capacity manager if capacity is disabled. This process is detailed in the Fabric documentation.

2. Having a Fabric Administrator role is not a default setting. Your organization's Global Administrator or Power Platform Administrator can assign the Fabric Administrator role. This role is crucial for managing and enabling Fabric features, including capacities. More information on admin roles can be found here.

3. As you're already exploring options within your trial and Azure subscription, reaching out to your internal admin team (Global or Fabric Administrators) would be the first step rather than raising a support ticket. They have the necessary permissions to enable Fabric Capacity for your tenant.

4. To avoid any interruption, it's important to communicate with your Fabric or Global Administrator about your needs before the trial expires. They can ensure that the Fabric Capacity is enabled and properly configured for your use case. Additionally, consider reviewing the Fabric trial documentation to understand the transition from a trial to a paid capacity, including any actions you might need to take.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SreejaG ,

1. Yes, it's advisable to check with your Global Admin. The ability to enable Fabric Capacity within your tenant requires specific administrative privileges. The Global Admin or a Fabric Administrator can enable Microsoft Fabric for the tenant or specific capacities. Contact the capacity manager if capacity is disabled. This process is detailed in the Fabric documentation.

2. Having a Fabric Administrator role is not a default setting. Your organization's Global Administrator or Power Platform Administrator can assign the Fabric Administrator role. This role is crucial for managing and enabling Fabric features, including capacities. More information on admin roles can be found here.

3. As you're already exploring options within your trial and Azure subscription, reaching out to your internal admin team (Global or Fabric Administrators) would be the first step rather than raising a support ticket. They have the necessary permissions to enable Fabric Capacity for your tenant.

4. To avoid any interruption, it's important to communicate with your Fabric or Global Administrator about your needs before the trial expires. They can ensure that the Fabric Capacity is enabled and properly configured for your use case. Additionally, consider reviewing the Fabric trial documentation to understand the transition from a trial to a paid capacity, including any actions you might need to take.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors