Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sujata_rao090
Regular Visitor

Extracting report from powerbi using power automate

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to extract a page of the report from powerbi using power automate and then store the results in a sharepoint or database in a table form .

Report is the bottom visual where we have scenarios(A,B,C,D...) and against each scenario there is a assesment done (0,1,2 nos are assigned based on some calculations)

Now what I need to do is daily extract this only this particular report page   via power automate or something and store the results in a table form as shown in the top table visual in a database or sharepoint . Is this possible to do ?

Sujata_rao090_0-1707212081214.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sujata_rao090 ,

Here's a concise action plan to achieve this:

1. Use the "Export To File" action for Power BI reports in Power Automate. This action allows you to specify the report and the page you wish to export.

2. After exporting the report, you can use the "Create file" action in Power Automate to store the exported file in SharePoint. Specify the SharePoint site and folder where you want to store the report.

3. If you prefer to store the results in a database, consider using the appropriate connector in Power Automate for your database (e.g., SQL Server, Azure SQL Database). Use the "Insert row" action to add the extracted data into your database table. Ensure your report data is in a suitable format for database insertion.

For more information, please refer:

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Save a paginated report to OneDrive for work or school or SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft L...

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sujata_rao090 ,

Here's a concise action plan to achieve this:

1. Use the "Export To File" action for Power BI reports in Power Automate. This action allows you to specify the report and the page you wish to export.

2. After exporting the report, you can use the "Create file" action in Power Automate to store the exported file in SharePoint. Specify the SharePoint site and folder where you want to store the report.

3. If you prefer to store the results in a database, consider using the appropriate connector in Power Automate for your database (e.g., SQL Server, Azure SQL Database). Use the "Insert row" action to add the extracted data into your database table. Ensure your report data is in a suitable format for database insertion.

For more information, please refer:

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Save a paginated report to OneDrive for work or school or SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft L...

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Lozzahoff
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Yes I do it but I don't extract the report but the data underneath. This is the process I'd follow; look at the DAX behind the report; construct a query in DAX that mirrors the table I want to insert into and then execute a 'Run a Query Against a Dataset' task against the Semantic Model in Power Automate followed by a Insert Row Task or similar. 
Thanks,
L

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors