Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to excel - Viewer access

Hi, 

I have 2 workspaces.

Workspace 1) Viewer access can export visuals to excel.

Workspace 2) Viewer access cannot export to excel and it is greyed out.

Admin portal > tenant settings > are all enabled for exporting.

Where is the extra access preventing exporting to excel for workspaces?

10 REPLIES 10
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There is also options in report level settings.

Capture.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

This is set.

adamclarkSCS_1-1620801840720.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

To allow users with Viewer role to export data, ensure they have Build permission on the datasets in the workspace. Read more about Build permission for datasets.

Would you please check if the users have the build permission on the both dataset.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am unable to add "build" to a viewer role, only "add reshare" appears.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are viewer role , you don't have permission to add build . Members of a workspace with at least a Contributor role automatically have Build permission for datasets in that workspace, and permission to copy a report. Read more about roles in the new workspaces.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

So in your first reply, you mentioned adding build access to viewer, then advised viewer cant have build access in the following reply.

I have read the worksheets from microsoft also.

However as my initial questions states, I have 2 workspaces;

1) a viewer can export

2) a viewer cannot export.

I will go away and test this to ensure it is accurate that different workspaces work differently.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for confusing you. What I really mean is if you are login with a viewer role user, you can't add build permission to other user. The viewe role can have build permission of the dataset. The key of the issue is whether you have build permission to the dataset. If you don't have the permission. Even though all the setting above you have configured right, you will not have permission to export data from visual.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Great, will test and let you know, thanks for the help all! 

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There is one setting that we can do at report level. So please download the pbix and check that in Desktop --> options

AbhiSSRS_0-1620722775644.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

This has been set

adamclarkSCS_0-1620801770214.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors