Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

donodackal
Helper I
Helper I

Export missing data

Hello folks

I am trying to export data from a table visual using the "data with current layout" export option. The data downloaded doesn't tally with the visual table's total value. The number of rows in the data downloaded is 122,264; hence I am assuming I can eliminate the case of missing data due to exceeding the maximum rows that can be downloaded. 

Any suggestions on how I can make sure all data from the table visual can be downloaded in BI service?

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @donodackal ,

The maximum number of rows that the applications can export to an .xlsx file is 150,000. The actual number may be lower than 150,000 depending on query limits and visual types.

For export from matrix visuals using Data with current layout, the export limit is 150,000 data intersections. For a table visual, each row has 1 data intersection. For a matrix visual, each row can have 1 or more data intersections, so the exported rows count can be less than 150,000. (For example, if a matrix visual has 3 data intersections per row, the maximum row count will be 150,000 / 3 = 50,000 rows.) The message "Exported data exceeded the allowed volume. Some data may have been omitted." will be added at the footer of the Excel file when the limit is hit. Consider limiting the dimensions or filter the data to avoid this scenario.

Export data from a Power BI visualization / Considerations and limitations

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems with it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors