Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gikido

Export PDF from Power BI

Hello everybody I created a flow on power automate to export a pdf file from power bi and it gives me the following error message: "Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity". How can I solve this problem? another question how much does it cost to use this kind of flow?

Capture d’écran 2023-01-17 à 23.14.47.png

2 REPLIES 2
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @gikido 

See if BI Helper https://bihelper.tech works for your use case.

BI Helper is a third-party SaaS tool that automates user-specific PDF generation (i.e., with slicers and filters applied) and emailing from Power BI.

You need one Power BI Pro (or higher) license to set up and run your reports in BI Helper. Your end-users can be internal or external to your organization and don't need Power BI licenses to receive their PDFs. 

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @gikido

According to the official documentation, for the prerequisites for this function, the following two places need to be met in Power BI:

At least one workspace in your Power BI tenant backed by a reserved capacity. This capacity can be any of the A1/EM1 - A6/P3 SKUs. Read more about:
What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Access to the standard connectors in Power Automate which come with any Office 365 subscription.

It can be seen that your report needs to be in a dedicated capacity (SKU type needs to meet A1/EM1 - A6/P3 SKUs), if you want to meet this condition, you need to purchase a dedicated capacity or assign a dedicated capacity that your tenant has granted you permission to in the workspace where your report is located

For more information , you can refer to :
How to purchase Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors