Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ania_roh
Helper III
Helper III

Excel button to export

Hi,

I have a report in powerbi serviced (a simple table with some columns and the date of today), like that:

ania_roh_0-1631287577583.png

and a simple selector of ID. 

I need to have a button to export it to excel (always the same excel), so that it would add a new rows (with a new today date), without cleaning the previous ones. And of course, I would like it to respect the filter selection (of the selector). 

I found some videos of Curbal how to create it but it appears in csv, not in excel, so this is not what I want. 

I know that there is a possibility to create it in power flows, but I don´t have any idea how to do that.

I would appreciate if you could help me with that

Thank you a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You do need Power Automate to this, and a Flow will work. You should post this request in the Power Automate forum where someone there will be able to jump in an assist. Microsoft Power Automate Community - Power Platform Community

When I go to power Automate, create a new flow, and search templates, Power BI Excel returns a few hits that might interest you. These tempates are prebuilt and you just fill in some info.

edhans_0-1631288934270.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You do need Power Automate to this, and a Flow will work. You should post this request in the Power Automate forum where someone there will be able to jump in an assist. Microsoft Power Automate Community - Power Platform Community

When I go to power Automate, create a new flow, and search templates, Power BI Excel returns a few hits that might interest you. These tempates are prebuilt and you just fill in some info.

edhans_0-1631288934270.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors