Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tazzbh

Error on Power BI Service: The key didn't match any rows in the table. Works on Desktop app

Greetings everyone,

I've noticed that many individuals encounter similar issues when dealing with data sourced from Excel files. In my situation, the data source is a table in SQL Server. While I can work and publish without any problems, the issue arises when attempting to refresh it directly on Power BI service. Interestingly, every time I attempt to refresh, the error appears on a different table.

I'm seeking advice on how to address this problem. Below is the specific error message:

[ValidateMarkupTags][ccon]Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. Key = [ccon][Schema = "dbo", Item = "mytable"][/ccon]. Table = [ccon]#table({"Name", "Data", "Schema", "Item", "Kind"}, {})[/ccon]. [/ccon];[ccon]The key didn't match any rows in the table.[/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tazzbh ,

Have you tried refreshing in power bi desktop? Was the refresh successful? Are there any errors in the credentials in the data source? 

I have found similar posts, please refer to.

Solved: The key didn't match any rows in the table - SQL D... - Microsoft Fabric Community

• After clearing the permissions and providing them again in "edit permissions..." the refresh worked without error.

Solved: Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows i... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

• Select Edit Queries from the menu to open the Query Editor
  • Use the left hand menu to select one of the queries having the issue (will have the triangular warning sign)
  • On the applied steps menu at the right select the source step.
  • In the top menu bar, select Refresh Preview.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mapsoares

In my case that I was consuming some dataflows into the semantic model and using this model to access another pbix report... I tried the following...

1. Changed the M Code in my Power Queries to Get Data from the Power BI dataflows (Legacy) for each table with ther error...

mapsoares_0-1710854765099.png

as the bellow code...

Before 

mapsoares_4-1710855548900.png

After

mapsoares_3-1710855511826.png

Afterwards these change to Dataflows Legacy, it seems to be working fine now! 👌😁

eliz_psu
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  I've tried the items in the other reply and they did not solve my issue.  I have no issues at all in desktop with the semantic model.  It refreshes without an issue.  All queries are from dataflows.  I re-did the source and navigation steps to the query in the dataflow.  I have also cleared permissions and edit permissions to re-authenticate.  This is driving me mad that I can' refresh in the service.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tazzbh ,

Have you tried refreshing in power bi desktop? Was the refresh successful? Are there any errors in the credentials in the data source? 

I have found similar posts, please refer to.

Solved: The key didn't match any rows in the table - SQL D... - Microsoft Fabric Community

• After clearing the permissions and providing them again in "edit permissions..." the refresh worked without error.

Solved: Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows i... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

• Select Edit Queries from the menu to open the Query Editor
  • Use the left hand menu to select one of the queries having the issue (will have the triangular warning sign)
  • On the applied steps menu at the right select the source step.
  • In the top menu bar, select Refresh Preview.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors