Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding power Bi report in portal issue

Hi Team,

need solution from your side.

I have embedded one power Bi  report in ERAP portal. For embedding i have used File>Embed Report>website or portal url on service.

When i embed the report and access it through the portal, the first time the user try to open report the sign in screen comes once in a day when user access the report.User can only access the report after sign in only.

The end user do not want this sign in screen, can you please help me to get the report opened instead of signin popup.

Its most required in my case.

Regards,

Arundhati

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

This does not seem to work, because the login interface is mainly set up to ensure the security of your organization.

If you want to cancel the login interface, you can use to embed it for customers. Even if your customers don’t know the power bi software, it can run. As long as one account can log in, the rest can be logged in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers?tabs=net-core

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

This does not seem to work, because the login interface is mainly set up to ensure the security of your organization.

If you want to cancel the login interface, you can use to embed it for customers. Even if your customers don’t know the power bi software, it can run. As long as one account can log in, the rest can be logged in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers?tabs=net-core

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

If the user broswer cookies for the PowerBI Sign in expired then you will give the login.

According to the article description:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-embed-secure-power-bi-reports-in-your-internal-portals-or-websites/

After the report is embedded in your web portal, or if a user opens the URL directly, the user is authenticated before they can access to the report. Below, the user has not signed-in to Power BI in the browser session. When they press Sign-In, a new browser window or tab may need to open, so ensure you check for pop-up blockers if you do not get prompted to sign-in. The user needs to sign-in each time they open a new browser window. After they’ve signed in once other reports will load automatically.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liu Yang,

Our user do not want this authentication step, what needs to be done to open report directly without asking for sign in?

Arundhati

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors