Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Embed token consumption starting in Power BI

Hello,

I would like to ask how to start embed token consumption in order to see what is current usage of tokens in Power BI. I am using Power BI PRO version. I have checked already that usage is 0 but I am not sure about this, I need to start token consumption that be possible to see real situation of usage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the number of embed tokens you can use is limited if you don’t have a P, EM or A SKU as the capacity for your workspace.

And here’s my understanding about your problem on this rest API:

First of all, the response "Usage" of Available Features - Get Available Features means that the token generation usage (in %) from the limitation on shared capacity. If no embed token is used in Shared Capacity, it returns 0.

vrobertqmsft_0-1635326049979.png

What’s more, when you have A, P, or EM capacity in your tenant. the usage will always be shown as 0% as you have the option to generate unlimited tokens in Power BI.

Therefore, if you don’t have a capacity(A, P or EM SKU), this means that your embed tokens are not used. But if you do have a capacity, this is a normal phenomenon, because you already have unlimited tokens

For more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/available-features/get-available-features#additio...

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the number of embed tokens you can use is limited if you don’t have a P, EM or A SKU as the capacity for your workspace.

And here’s my understanding about your problem on this rest API:

First of all, the response "Usage" of Available Features - Get Available Features means that the token generation usage (in %) from the limitation on shared capacity. If no embed token is used in Shared Capacity, it returns 0.

vrobertqmsft_0-1635326049979.png

What’s more, when you have A, P, or EM capacity in your tenant. the usage will always be shown as 0% as you have the option to generate unlimited tokens in Power BI.

Therefore, if you don’t have a capacity(A, P or EM SKU), this means that your embed tokens are not used. But if you do have a capacity, this is a normal phenomenon, because you already have unlimited tokens

For more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/available-features/get-available-features#additio...

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Analitika ,

I believe that I just answered this question in another thread - did you have two questions that are the same?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors