Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

norcalchrissr

Editing Query - Data Hub - Data set

Coming into someone elses work and having some trouble finding where the query is embedded in power bi. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

My previous experience is that I can modify data queries and connections 2 ways - either through the "transform data" option or editing the advanced connection string/query by editing the data table source. 

However, in the report ecosystem I am working with, the "transform data" just leads me to the "data hub" and a "dataset icon" that only has the user/pass/connection details, no advanced query, etc. When I go to edit table, and source, same thing - no query. 

But I know the data is feling filted through some sort of selection or query by what is coming across into Powerbi. 

This is pro license bilt on desktop published to service, some data flows in use, but this particular data I am looking to change the "where" filters on all link to the "dataset" on which I can only find the modification for the gateway and the credentials; not the query. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
norcalchrissr

This was caused by not downloading the data along with the model. When using live connections you cannot view the tables and edit the queries. So downloading the data is required for editing the queries. Solution found. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
norcalchrissr

This was caused by not downloading the data along with the model. When using live connections you cannot view the tables and edit the queries. So downloading the data is required for editing the queries. Solution found. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors