Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit same report for multiple users

Hi, 

we are a team of 2 working collectively on reports and we should be able to edit the same report to adjust them if needed. 
how can we do that? 
If I share a report the other person can view edit but cannot edit it. 
I know that can share the source file but this is not what I am looking for. 

thanks a lot for your help ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can add your colleague to the workspace where the report is located or create a new workspace. The role of your colleague must be set to the role other than the viewer and give him the right to edit the dataset. Or you can put your .pbix file in a shared folder on the network. Of course the latter method will be more complicated.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can add your colleague to the workspace where the report is located or create a new workspace. The role of your colleague must be set to the role other than the viewer and give him the right to edit the dataset. Or you can put your .pbix file in a shared folder on the network. Of course the latter method will be more complicated.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for your (super) quick reply !) so I need to be using the desktop version to do that, I cannot do it online right? (the option for .pbix file is greyed out)  

Hey @Anonymous ,

I am saying that sharing the file is easier in desktop.  However, if you are service only, you can create a new workspace, put the report there and give both of yourselves full rights to it and then you can edit in the service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are using the service, you should share the report with them and give them at least Contributor access (you may even want Member or Admin if they have full control).  That way, you both have the ability to edit the report.  Friendly reminder - since you both can edit at the same time be sure to let each other know about when you are editing the report so as not to overwrite on top of each other and thereby delete the other person's work.

If you are not using Service, put the .pbix file in a shared folder and that share folder will then contain the "official" version and the most recent version.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors