Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwallace001
Frequent Visitor

Edit Credentials fails on personal mode gateway

Hi all,

I have Power BI Desktop and the Personal Mode Gateway set up to talk to Power BI Service.  The gateway is running fine, no issues with connecting. When I publish to the service, the Dataset picks up the Gateway, but returns the "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again." error with the Credentials tab.

When I enter the credentials for a data source, it just spins it's circle without producing any results. There's no issues connecting to the data sources in Desktop, Desktop and Gateway are both the latest versions (and I've unistalled and reinstalled to see if that helps) and I've tried clearing the cache in my internet explorer too and nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mwallace001 ,

Which kind of data source are you connecting to, the following data sources are currently not supported for the On-premises data gateway (personal mode):

• ADO.NET
  • CurrentWorkbook
  • FTP
  • HDFS
  • SAP BusinessObjects

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SQL Tables and excel files. The credentials worked before updating the gateway. Thanks for replying.

@mwallace001 ,

If this issue persists, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mwallace001
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors