Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Edge won't access power bi service

Hello all,

I cleared my edge browser cache today (history, cookies, cached images) and I'm now unable to access power bi service now. How is that possible.  I get a message (shown below) and I cannot find a way to get past it.   I've tried to uninstall/repair, but Edge is pretty well baked in...there isn't an "uninstall" for Edge per-se just a repair which I've done.  This is seriously weird and out of the blue.  Firefox, Chrome...no problems. Any ideas? 

Tom

Screenshot 2021-09-29 175401.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@edhans   You know, I may have been an idiot (not the first time).  I cleared the browser using the Clear Browsing Data in the Settings Privacy, Search, and Services, checking all the boxes, I also followed the steps in the link you sent...BUT, I did not clear the powerbi.com cookies in the Cookies and Site Permissions.  And that was what cleared it up.

Thanks very much for your help!  Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
edhans
Super User
Super User

Sounds lame, but did you try to reboot? 

If that doesn't work, you may need to file a support ticket. Something is still munged there that you need to get cleared out.

Just curious, what happens if you start an In Private session and try logging in there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@edhans (Ha!, yes I've rebooted...and no joy.  A good suggestion nonetheless).  Had't tried a Private window though.  Another good suggestion(!)...everything appears again in a private window...BUT the app models do not respond to a click (which is the real problem I'm trying to solve before I cleared all browsing data (from a regular window) and I couldn't get back into power bi service.  I'll try a support ticket.

Yeah, if the private window works, it shows it isn't the service, but your browser. It might be the time for drastic measures. How to Completely Reset Microsoft Edge Chromium to Default in Windows | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@edhans   You know, I may have been an idiot (not the first time).  I cleared the browser using the Clear Browsing Data in the Settings Privacy, Search, and Services, checking all the boxes, I also followed the steps in the link you sent...BUT, I did not clear the powerbi.com cookies in the Cookies and Site Permissions.  And that was what cleared it up.

Thanks very much for your help!  Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors