Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Durgabhavani_12

Drill down and dril up issue on powder bi service

• I had took and line and clustered column for one metric and incorporated every thing on x-axis month ,week Day 
  • And y axis I took the count and line y-axis I took some percentage value .upto this everything is fine and when I click on the drilll down and double drill down and expand on the action bar 's  working perfectly.After publishing this report into service there is no actual bar appears .And stake holder doesnt know if they right click on the visual then only they will see drill down and drill up. Kindly take a note on this bug 
2 REPLIES 2
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Durgabhavani_12 ,

In Power BI Service, after selecting a visual object, you have two ways to drill down.

vhuijieymsft_0-1709531604283.png

Ensure that drill-down and drill-up functionality are properly enabled and configured in the report.

This includes checking if the visual interaction is set to allow drilling filters on other visuals.

For more information about drill-through and its interaction settings, please see:

Drill mode in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If there is no problem after checking, you can do like the alternative mentioned by @ibarrau , he said it very well.

Or you can provide feedback to Microsoft.

Home (microsoft.com)

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. If you can't see the icons at Power Bi Service, they might have been removed from the source file. You can hide visual headers by settings like this:

ibarrau_0-1709294961478.png

You can also edit the format of the visual and remove specific icons like the ones for drill.

Also, as an alternative for UX, you can add subtitles for visuals. You can write there an instruction to specify that the visual has more information to drill down, just right click and .....

You can help them understand the things they can do.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors