Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Do NOT allow users to get hidden pages when exporting report

Hi all,

We have a report with number of hidden pages. Although those pages are not visible while navigating/interacting with the report, if the user chooses to export to PDF/PowerPoint, the exported file will include  all hidden pages. We want to prevent users from seeing those hidden pages at all. Is that possible?

Many thanks  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @AlB ,

I thought this was the case, that hidden tabs were not exported.  When I look at this idea:  Export to PDF bug: Hidden pages are included - Microsoft Power BI Community  Microsoft seems to say that this is so.  But, I still see open ideas to have this implemented:  Microsoft Idea · Ability to Disable option for user to export hidden tabs (PDF & PowerPoint) (powerb...

So, I don't think that there is a way to remove the hidden tabs from the export....at least that I know about.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Hi @AlB 

Currently, there is a function "Exclude hidden report tabs" when you export report to PDF/PowerPoint, if there are hidden pages in your report.

1.png

It will be selected by default when your End-User want to export your report.

If it is selected, the exported PDF/PowerPoint will not contain the hidden pages.

If your End-User uncheck this option, there will be hidden pages in their exported PDF/PowerPoint.

My Test.

I have three pages in my report. Page 1 and Page 3 are unhidden. Page2 is hidden.

Result:

Select "Exclude hidden report tabs" . 

2.png

Uncheck "Exclude hidden report tabs" . 

3.png

Currently, we can't cancel the end user's permission to use this function to prevent them from accessing your hidden pages.

Here is a post with problems like yours: export to Power Point - do not allow hidden pages

Blog:  End-User Filtered Export capabilities now available

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Allow or not to export to PDF hidden tabs for members

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlB 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

AlB
Super User
Super User

@collinq 

Thanks for your reply. So you're saying it cannot be done at the moment. Correct?

Hi @AlB 

Currently, there is a function "Exclude hidden report tabs" when you export report to PDF/PowerPoint, if there are hidden pages in your report.

1.png

It will be selected by default when your End-User want to export your report.

If it is selected, the exported PDF/PowerPoint will not contain the hidden pages.

If your End-User uncheck this option, there will be hidden pages in their exported PDF/PowerPoint.

My Test.

I have three pages in my report. Page 1 and Page 3 are unhidden. Page2 is hidden.

Result:

Select "Exclude hidden report tabs" . 

2.png

Uncheck "Exclude hidden report tabs" . 

3.png

Currently, we can't cancel the end user's permission to use this function to prevent them from accessing your hidden pages.

Here is a post with problems like yours: export to Power Point - do not allow hidden pages

Blog:  End-User Filtered Export capabilities now available

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can vote up this idea for this function:Allow or not to export to PDF hidden tabs for members

Or you can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hey @AlB ,

Correct, no way that I know of and not even sure if it is on the roadmap.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @AlB ,

I thought this was the case, that hidden tabs were not exported.  When I look at this idea:  Export to PDF bug: Hidden pages are included - Microsoft Power BI Community  Microsoft seems to say that this is so.  But, I still see open ideas to have this implemented:  Microsoft Idea · Ability to Disable option for user to export hidden tabs (PDF & PowerPoint) (powerb...

So, I don't think that there is a way to remove the hidden tabs from the export....at least that I know about.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors