Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JULY1
Helper I
Helper I

Disable Share option and only allow direct access to see report

Hi,

I would like to ask if there's anyway to 

- disable share option 

JULY1_0-1698739654516.png

or

- users are still able to share but any user who are not Direct Access can not access the report.

P.S. I can not edit anything in Admin Portal because I'm not a Global Admin.

Please suggest.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @JULY1 

As @ibarrau mentioned , you can only disable the share button in Admin Portal . In Admin Portal , you can choose which users to enable this feature for in the Admin portal. 

vyetao1msft_0-1698805858369.png

If you don't set it up in the Admin Portal, then only read permission is given to the user.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, somehow for read only permission, I wonder if it possible if the end user copy the link that I sent them to someone else?.

Hi. It depends on the settings when you share. When sharing you should see one of the following popups:

ibarrau_0-1698841093842.png

ibarrau_1-1698841221623.png

The user will be able to share the link only if you allow them. If the checkbox wasn't enabled, then the link won't work for any other user rather than the user you shared with in the first time.

Regarding the second picture, you can change the default behaviour where the arrow aims. If you let "people in your organization with the link can view..." then they will be able to do it, otherwise if you change it, they won't be able to view rather than the user you shared with the first time.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. No you can't disable that. From an admin portal perspective you can prevent sharable links: "Allow shareable links to grant access to everyone in your organization"

The only way to prevent that button for a user is letting the user read only permissions (viewers of workspaces or share with them without any permissions checkbox).
I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I've tried this with my colleague, I gave her a viewer role but she can still shared the link. 

And for sharing without permission, in this case, I doubt that the end user will be able to copy the link that I share with them and then send it to anoter person?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors