Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rodneyc8063_1
Helper V
Helper V

Deployment Pipeline "Compare" - Can I see what exactly changed?

I am starting to dabble in deployment pipelines and am trying to wrap my head around the "Compare" option between enviroments.

So I have a workspace set in DEV, and deployed to "Test".

I went back into my DEV workspace, chose a report and deleted one visual.

I went back into my deployment pipeline, and I noticed there is a "Compare" option between my DEV and "Test" enviroments now. So thats good

I click on compare, and a list opens up under both of my pipelines, and I can see that the report I modified in DEV is highlighted as "Different"

My question though is, can I actually see WHAT exactly changed? 

I mean its great to know that the report is different between enviroments, but if I have a developer that made a bunch of changes and I wanted to review the changes, is there an easy way for me to review the changes? Aside from opening the report and having to go through it with a comb? 

Is there like a list of "changed" objects or something?

rodneyc8063_0-1614301478708.png

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not currently. Deployment Pipelines are still in their infancy with many unresolved issues and missing features.

If you want to see the actual differences you should use ALM Toolkit and point it to these two environments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors