Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ama209
Frequent Visitor

Date x-axis changes when uploading to power bi sevice

I have a report that shows monthly data (in the Sept 2022 format) in power bi desktop. Once I publish to PowerBI service, the date axis looks like its been change to a categorical data type. I have tried clearing the cache, refreshing the data, and republishing. Nothing has worked. I have also tried editing the report in power bi servie, but for some reason, I do not have the option to change from categorical to continuous data types in power bi service. Has anyone run into a similar issue and resolved it?bi community1.PNGbi community2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ama209 

If you delete the reports and republish from Desktop to Service , is the displayed date the same as the Desktop?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Hi @Alisa , unfortunately, deleting and republishing did not resolve the issue. Still searching for a long-term fix, but I've outlined an effective short-term fix, although not suited for all reporting situations.

Here is the link to the post:

Re: Recent change in X-axis behaviour to continuou... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see this post on how to replicate this bug, it is a bug.

X Axis continuous to categroical bug on publish - ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant speak for this person, but i have the same issue. i tried to delete the report and republish and it did not help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors