Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

prmutha
Employee
Employee

Dataset refresh fails due to internal server error in PowerBI App, but refreshes in Desktop

Hello there,

I have dataset that refreshes on a schedule. It has failed multiple times with the following information:

Something went wrong

The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: a809c42d-74f0-3dab-1211-945cf22b04c8
Request ID: 58985587-c098-3aef-6c50-f00b85a653c0
Time: 2022-06-02 20:11:09Z

How can I investigate further to know what is the exact issue and how to fix it. Where can I look for the above diagnostic information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prmutha
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your response!
The datasource is in the could, so gateway is not needed. I did test the Data Source Credentails on the dataset and it succeeded.

After searching for "FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError" in the powerbi community, I saw some solutions to rename dataset and delete, re-create and publish.

So, I renamed and published and tested the on-demand dataset refresh. It refreshed successfully. So, I'll close the ticket now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreasSteinweg

In my case I have had an SQL statement that I just inserted into "Blanc Query". In preview mode everything worked and looked good. but when I hit "Save & Close", I got the message, tha something went wrong... . 

I solved the problem by taking the "SQL Database" object instead od "Blank Query". I expect that Power BI did not know which driver to take, when I hit "Save & Close". The error was just confusing me, because it worked in preview mode.   

prmutha
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your response!
The datasource is in the could, so gateway is not needed. I did test the Data Source Credentails on the dataset and it succeeded.

After searching for "FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError" in the powerbi community, I saw some solutions to rename dataset and delete, re-create and publish.

So, I renamed and published and tested the on-demand dataset refresh. It refreshed successfully. So, I'll close the ticket now.

prmutha
Employee
Employee

I captured a Fiddler trace when publishing from PBI desktop. The dialog in PBI desktop has the following message:

prmutha_0-1654205412769.png

The fiddler trace has following error info:
code=FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError
message={"error":{"code":"CouldNotResolveSemanticQueryDefinition"....}}

Hi @prmutha 

Can you check to make sure that the gateway can connect successfully to the data source?

Also sometimes there is some issue in the Power BI Service and it auto resolves itself.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors