Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MH3
Helper V
Helper V

Dataset Refresh Error Incremental

Hi,
I have a client report and I am stuck in implementing the Incremental Refresh,

The client database is based on (Oracle) and I have created the Power BI report and connected the Power BI On-Prem Gateway to connect to the Oracle database and then applied Incremental refresh by adding the parameters in the Desktop Report and to that Sales Table and published to the Service, but when I start to refresh the Dataset it gives me this kind of error.

Mashup Error.jpg

My Gateway is UP and Running good.

Gatweway.jpg

Using the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters to filter file names to pick up the last n day's files only. The logic works fine when I test it with full refresh and setting the parameters manually. But the same fails with incremental refresh.

Any Help please

5 REPLIES 5
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MH3 

This seems to be a problem that many users encounter when using incremental refresh.

Here are some suggestions to help you troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify query folding. For more detailed information, please refer to: Troubleshoot incremental refresh and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

2. Rebooting the server cleared it up.

3.reinstall the latest version of the gateway. 

Several users also encountered the same problem as you, and they successfully solved their problems, the posts are for your reference:

Solved: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Gateway Mashup Data Access Error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Re: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError - Microsoft Power BI Community

Incremental Refresh - Microsoft Power BI Community 

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-yadongf-msft 

In Power BI Desktop, there was an M-Query warning but nothing else.
I am able to see the Native Query of that table, which means query folding is available and then I applied Incremental refresh onto that and published to Service but after pressing refresh again its just taking the whole time which the full refresh takes up.

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @MH3 

Does it work fine in the Desktop? If yes, then please raise a ticket with MS support to get a speedy resolution.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

@AnkitKukreja  it works good if I dont use Incremental and the refresh works well but as the data is in millions and the report is getting slowed.

Hi! @MH3 

I would recommend you to raise a ticket with MS support so the issue can be seen in detail.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors