Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Eric7
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dataflow via on-prem Oracle gateway: "Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token"

From time to time, dataflows and datasets that have queries against datasources located on our on-prem Oracle gateway and queries against datasources located in dataflows in Power BI Service are failing with the error "Access token has expired, resubmit with a new access token". It appears (at least sometimes) to coincide with the forced re-authentication against our company domain, which happens at uneven intervals. What I have to do when this happens is to go into this page https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways , then go into Settings on this dataflow

Eric7_0-1714379899792.png

then click "Edit credentials" and reauthenticate.

Is there any way to prevent the token from expiring or set a longer expiration somewhere? Some setup on the gateway? It has been like this for several years, and the on-prem gateway is up to date.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Not really.  

the forced re-authentication against our company domain, which happens at uneven intervals.

is your limiting factor, in addition to the token expiry imposed by Azure.  You can look into service principals but they may not help in your scenario.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors