Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielwebb
Regular Visitor

Dataflow data gateway being changed upon takeover, unable to change back

I have experienced several times now with different gateways a problem whereby when ownership of a dataflow is taken over, the data gateway settings in the dataflow are changed and trying to change them back won't work.

The dataflows are cloud sources only (Azure SQL) but we have an enterprise gateway for on-prem SQL DBs (these queries are in their own dataflow). The data gateway under Options -> Project -> Data load is set to "(none)" when the dataflow is set up, but if another user (with the same rights on the Azure SQL DB) takes over, the data gateway is set to the name of the enterprise gateway and the queries in the dataflow time out and won't refresh.

We go into Options -> Project -> Data load, change the gateway to "(none)" again, there is a message that says this change effects all queries in the dataflow:

danielwebb_0-1707309386405.png

then click OK, however if we go back into options again the change hasn't been applied and the gateway is still set to the name of the on-prem gateway.

This seems like some sort of bug as the setting isn't being applied. I have tried unlinking all of the connections first before changing the gateway, but that doesn't have any effect. The only thing that works has been to create a new dataflow, which is a rather drastic and time consuming step...

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

I've had success getting the dataflow to recognize my preferred gateway if I go in and edit the dataflow in some way and mess with the tables that are being pulled from the desired gateway. the DF sees it and allows me to select what I want.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors