Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SinduN
Helper I
Helper I

Data gateway access error

I created a dasboard based on direct query on SAP BW and publised on powerbi online. Once I open the dashboard all my tiles have an error "couldnt load teh model schema" with the below technical info

Cannot connect to the gateway data source.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Serversapwq1.chdhcl.com
SystemNumber10
Correlation ID063b65ee-f982-286a-6606-fde163d8c428
ClientId100
ConnectionType{FieldValue}
Activity IDcab8ef74-f506-4f45-a290-4f1f78b9d90e
Request ID03604cfe-2c00-59ea-a6bb-46173bce73b2
TimeTue Jul 24 2018 15:37:20 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.6064.124
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SinduN ,

Please check if data gateway service are working on the server and check if you have updated the gateway to the lastest version. In addtion, check if you have check if you have selected "SSO" in advanced settings and shared your dashboard or report with other people, if you have, you should cancel "SSO" option and refresh again.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SinduN ,

Please check if data gateway service are working on the server and check if you have updated the gateway to the lastest version. In addtion, check if you have check if you have selected "SSO" in advanced settings and shared your dashboard or report with other people, if you have, you should cancel "SSO" option and refresh again.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you Jimmy,

There are some limitations with Direct Query as in it only shows Text and not Keys from SAP BW and a flat file source cannot be merged. I'm instead looking into the import from BW option. The gateway couldnt be connected to SAP BW. Im working with our infrastructure team to install SAP client tools on Azure server for the gateway connection to be succesful. Hope that will help with the scheduled refresh of the import

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors