Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heathernicole
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Data Refresh - Operation canceled by User

Having trouble with trying to do an on-demand refresh. 

I keep getting this error: 

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

PersonalGateway_DataSourceKindLabel
Processing errorThe operation is canceled by user.
Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID91888b7b-517a-40ee-8995-3b8e44a51b70
Request IDcd9afbb9-1e4e-8f02-d3cf-86c88ce9ed34
Time2016-03-07 19:26:47Z

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Gateway, made sure I had the right credentials, etc... I had it working before - not sure what the issue is. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂 Thanks in advance!

~heathernicoale
1 REPLY 1
gerardmangan
Regular Visitor

Hi heathernicole, not sure if you have resolved this, but we were experiencing the same error this morning. In our case, we were extracting data from a SQL Server database. There was a duplication in one of the data elements in our source. As soon as we removed the duplication, the refresh worked.

I saw in other posts that #N/A and other erroneous values were causing the refresh to fail. So, the issues is likely to be in the data source. It might be an idea to pull your dataset from PowerBI and inspect it in Excel to see if there are any diacritical values or duplicates in any of your tables that are used for relationships. Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors