Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sokatenaj
Helper III
Helper III

Dashboards, Workspaces, and Shares, oh my!

Hi Folks,

I created an "App Workspace" but not going to "publish" the app. It's a workspace for people to view reports. However, while I need to add "Members" to the workspace, I also have row-level security on some reports. 

Is it possible somewhere for a report in a workspace to NOT be visible if someone doesn't have access to it? They can still see the report, but it comes up as "X" on all of the visuals. I just don't want them to see it at all. 

Is it one of those things where I should just have multiple workspaces? I'm just trying to minimize the whole "workspace" thing. Is there a better way to do this? 

I also just found out that when a member of a workspace is only "read-only" that they can't pin to their own dashboards. I wanted to empower them to create their own dashboards in their own workspace, is this not possible? 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspaces are designed for collaboration, so everyone gets access to every report.  You might need to consider using either multiple workspaces, or instead create Dashboards using 'Pin Live Page' and sharing those to the people that you only wish to see certain parts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspaces are designed for collaboration, so everyone gets access to every report.  You might need to consider using either multiple workspaces, or instead create Dashboards using 'Pin Live Page' and sharing those to the people that you only wish to see certain parts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors