Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Dashboard tile fails to load but tile in report works fine

Hi Coumminty ,

Please share your thoughts if you have faced same problem. 

This is my 3rd time tile in dashboard fails to load. I repinned it, again it appears same problem after some days. The tiles from the report works fine though.

The error message : We can't load the content of this tile. Please delete it and try repinning.

We can't load the content of this tile. Please delete it and try repinning.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @schoden,

What type of content are you pin to the dashboard? Which data source and connection mode are you worked? Please share more detailed information to help us clarify these scenarios.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I have direct Query created from power BI Dataflow . The datasource is SQL.

Hi @schoden,

Sure, I still have something that needs to be confirmed. Can you please explain more about the questions I mentioned below?

#1, What type of visual are you used? Power bi visual or custom visuals? (power bi service has security policies and corresponding limits on custom visual usage)

Power BI Security#data-storage-security 

#2, Have you enable 'SSO' features on your data source to use end-user credentials to access the data source? (since these tiles are worked with 'direct query' mode, it may face some verify issues when you share to group workspace without detailed credentials configuration)

About using DirectQuery in Power BI#directquery-connections 

Configure Kerberos-based SSO from Power BI service to on-premises data sources 

#3, Did this issue appear on the raw tiles you pinned or tiles that referenced or copied to other group workspaces? (copy/reference content limitations and permissions)

Copy reports from other workspaces 

Intro to datasets across workspaces#considerations-and-limitations 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

1. I have used power BI visual. It is a line graph visual. 

2.  No I havent enabled 'SSO' features on my data source.

3. It is a raw tiles that is NOT copied from other workspace.

Thanks.

Hi @schoden,

So you mean this issue appears on the direct query mode dataflow entry frequently? Have you tested another type/connection mode dataflows? Where is your host on the Datasource?  I'd like to confirm if this related to particular azure data region center status. (Notice: data center status may cause the data loading issue for live mode contents. I also test with the same type source and connection mode but can't reproduce this issue immediately)

BTW, you can also consider submitting a ticket to ask the power bi team to confirm if they related to data flow backend processing.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks,  I raise a ticket to power BI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors