Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Credentials being reset every morning Azure SQL connection

Hi All

Please can you help I have searched everywhere for a solution.

I have created a dataset where I have access to the Azure Database with my Azure AD account but my business users do not.

They can view the report after I have published it but every morning the user gets the error: 

Permission Required - You cannot see the content of this report because you do not have permissions to the underlying dataset. Please contact report owner for details.

If I go into Settings > credentials and sign in again they can continue working but I have to repeat this process every morning, is there a way I can have them view the report without me having to sign in every morning?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is what @Anonymous mentioned helpful?

If it is, please always accept his reply as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the scheduled refresh work, or do you have to start it after adding your credentials.

What's the MFA and token retention policy set up in your organisation?

Something has me thinking that sessions are killed off every night/certain period, forcing you to re enter every morning.

Alternatively, can you have your IT folks set up a service account to use for the scheduled refresh?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors