Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramyzo
Helper II
Helper II

Create a group in power BI service

Greeting 

so im following an old documentation on power BI , and i saw the part when you create a groups in power BI service

i cant see that option anymore when i develop my workspace menu 

Creating groups before mean creating workspaces right ? 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ramyzo Correct, same thing though there are now V2 (second generation) workspaces that are available and allow you to create a group only in Power BI rather than an entire Universal group in O365 - which was happening with v1 workspaces. If you click on Workspaces, you should see the "Create a workspace" yellow button on the bottom of the fly out. If you don't, it could be that your Power BI administrator has disabled the ability for people to create groups. This is a setting that can now be controlled in Power BI administration under tenant settings. They can allow users or groups to be exceptions, but I would start talking to admin's if you don't see it and have a Pro license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Ramyzo Correct, same thing though there are now V2 (second generation) workspaces that are available and allow you to create a group only in Power BI rather than an entire Universal group in O365 - which was happening with v1 workspaces. If you click on Workspaces, you should see the "Create a workspace" yellow button on the bottom of the fly out. If you don't, it could be that your Power BI administrator has disabled the ability for people to create groups. This is a setting that can now be controlled in Power BI administration under tenant settings. They can allow users or groups to be exceptions, but I would start talking to admin's if you don't see it and have a Pro license.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

i can see the create workspace ! i was just wondering.  The documentation that exist on the internet nowdays need to get updated , an example :  the content pack in power bi service contain a bug i guess ! power bi going to improve the application feature instead of using the content pack !  

PS : also the french version of power BI service contain english words that need to be changed 

@Ramyzo One of the challenges of a product with rapid development is that there is a lot that changes. Content packs are a thing of the past, and with the latest preview of Template Apps just being released to preview -> https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/template-apps-update-preview-is-now-available/ I would imagine those are going to be fully deprecated very soon. The documentation on the MSFT site is constantly updated, but likely behind. And as for elsewhere, always pay attention to when the response was given because it is possible things changed since the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors