Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

amarsale85
Helper II
Helper II

Convert normal published dataset to "Push"

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement where each client has its own custom fields like "Client 1" has fields "Column 1" & "Column 2" in a table "Custom Fields". And other client, "Client 2" has field "Column 3" in same table. The LDM and relationship of this table with other tables in the model are same.

Option 1: If i pass Client Id as parameter to get the correct fields relating to that client, works in Power BI desktop but doesn't work on Power BI Service.

To resolve option 1 issue i need to add/update fields using PowerShell cmdlets like "Set-PowerBITable" in the published dataset.

This isn't allowed as that dataset isn't a Push Dataset. So i am stuck here as of now and need some help.

Only Option i have is open the report/dataset in Power BI desktop, then change "Client Id" parameter and apply changes to see fields related to that client in the table, and then publish it for each client/workspace. This isn't ideal solution since we have like 1000+ clients.

Regards,

Amar

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @amarsale85 

I wonder if there is some error message in Power BI Service. 'If i pass Client Id as parameter to get the correct fields relating to that client, works in Power BI desktop but doesn't work on Power BI Service.'

You can review and edit some parameter settings in the Power BI service -- not parameters that restrict the available data, but parameters that define and describe acceptable values. Even though you modify the parameter, you still need to refresh the data source to get the result. If it still doesn't work, you may try to use api.

For further information, please refer the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors