Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gabriele_hbto
Helper II
Helper II

Connect to sap/4hana via Web API / Bypass SSL certificate request

Hello,

I am trying to connect to the SAP S/4HANA Web APIs. I have tried both OData and Web APIs, but I keep getting the same 'invalid SSL certificate' error. When I try to call the API from a web browser or Postman, it warns me that the certificate is not secure and asks if I want to proceed, allowing me to access it. However, Power BI rejects the connection, and I cannot find a way to bypass this verification. Do you know of any solution? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gabriele_hbto 

I would say to them that live systems should not be working with expired certificates as that means things are not 100% secure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks man but as I said this is not possible, so I was wondering if there were any other possible solutions. To me look crazy that there's not an option to avoid this check like any other software that work with api

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gabriele_hbto 

I do not think it will work with an invalid SSL Cert I would chat to the people who manage the certificate to get it updated.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks GilbertQ, I've already tried to talk with them but they said that it's complicated and expensive and that they would need to involve SAP consultants and customer so they prefer to avoid this solution and asked me to provide a different way to solve the problem.......

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors