Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ignacio-vlc
Regular Visitor

Conexión a un conjunto de datos: edición fórmulas conjunto original

Hola,

He creado un modelo de datos mediante la conexión a un conjunto existente que dispone de una serie de fórmulas en DAX.

En el nuevo modelo necesitaría modificar alguna de las fómulas del conjunto origen pero no puedo hacerlo. Ha posibilidad de editar y cambiar estas fórmulas?

Muchas gracias

3 REPLIES 3
ignacio-vlc
Regular Visitor

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for your answer. I am giving you full details about the case.

1.- I create a PBI file in power BI desktop [@PBIsource-file]. What I want is to be able to feed and update simultaneously several PBI files with @PBIsource-file

2.- Then I upload @PBIsource-file to the service.

3.- I open a new PBI file on the desktop [PBInew-file] . This new file gets the data from @PBIsource-file.

4.- What I need to do now is to be able to edit DAX formulas in PBInew-file, but editing is not allowed.

Many thanks.

Hi @ignacio-vlc ,

>> 3.- I open a new PBI file on the desktop [PBInew-file] . This new file gets the data from @PBIsource-file.

For this step, you used the "Power BI datasets" connector in "Get Data" to get the data from @PBIsource-file , right? If so, we may learn from the Microsoft official document : Connect to datasets in the Power BI service from Power BI Desktop,

Since this connection is a live connection, left-navigation and modeling are disabled. You can only connect to one dataset in each report. This behavior is similar to the behavior when connected to SQL Server Analysis Services.

That is to say users could create multiple different reports (like create visuals , create new measures) in separate .pbix files from that common data model, while it is unsupported to edit model (like edit measure or column , change relationships ,etc) in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ignacio-vlc ,

You can download the pbix file from the report page in Power BI Service, then open in Power BI Desktop to edit the formulas. Or you may clarify how you create a data model by connecting to an existing set that has a number of formulas in DAX .

Download pbix.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors