Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Comments Alert w/o tagging someone

Does anyone know if someone that has access to reports or dashboards in my workspace need to specifically tag me in it with the @ symbol in order to send a notification to me?  I have multiple reports that I am owner for but when someone comments I don't have an alert or tag.  I have to go into each report individually?>

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

They could use "@" to mention you and you will receive notification in your email or mobile application.

Here is the blog for your reference : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-dashboard-comments-in-power-bi/

If you start a discussion on a dashboard and want someone else to know about it, you can @mention individuals within your organization in a comment to grab their attention. The @mentioned individuals will immediately receive an e-mail in their inbox, and if they are using a Power BI Mobile app, they will receive a push notification on their device alerting of the conversation. They can open the comment directly from the notification, view the data, and reply.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

I am aware of the @ symbol, but without using that is there an alert anywhere else? (like badges) @v-eachen-msft 

I'd like to be alerted regardless if person uses @ on one of my reports or dashboards.  

Did you create that idea? I'd like to upvote it if you have that. 

Hi @jcastr02 ,

As far as I know, there isn't another way to do it in Power BI currently. You could post your ideas here, maybe it will be a feature of Power BI in the future.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors