Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VenDaFabricator
Frequent Visitor

Chaning Category of a Column to URL in PBI service

I got a semantic model in Power BI Service, which is in DirectLake Storage mode, and with in my dataset got a column 'URL' which hold link to a reference document.  I want to convert this to Category WebURL.  

Table:

dataset.jpg

report.jpg

any clues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VenDaFabricator
Frequent Visitor

Yes, my table is view in the Lakehouse.

I was able to get this done with Visualization => Column => Conditional formatiing 

(Reference: Apply conditional table formatting in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn)

Contional format on a other Other called 'Attachment' with values 'Download' as string

conditional formatting.jpg

and assigning URL value to to Attachment column

attach.jpg

and now in Report: 

report.jpg

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VenDaFabricator
Frequent Visitor

Yes, my table is view in the Lakehouse.

I was able to get this done with Visualization => Column => Conditional formatiing 

(Reference: Apply conditional table formatting in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn)

Contional format on a other Other called 'Attachment' with values 'Download' as string

conditional formatting.jpg

and assigning URL value to to Attachment column

attach.jpg

and now in Report: 

report.jpg

Thanks

Hi @VenDaFabricator,

Have you solved your problem? If so, can you share your solution here and mark the correct answer as a standard answer to help other members find it faster? Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VenDaFabricator 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
You would want to review that in the model that the Data category for the column was properly set for this column in the table. And just a side note, if that table is truly a view and not a table that wouldn't support Direct Lake mode and would simply run in DirectQuery mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors