Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daniBBB
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Refresh SQL Database Data Source

After updating my report, deleting the old one and publishing a new one, I am now getting the following error.

I was able to connect to this data source before, and I still can if I upload the original report without changes.

The data source is a local SQL database which I connect to via a gateway.

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:
Data source for Query1
Discover Data Sources
FindReferencedDataSources with exception System.NotSupportedException: The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: UnknownFunction. at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceReference..ctor(IDataSourceLocation dataSourceLocation) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.CreateDataSource(String dataSourceFunctionName, IExpression expression) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.SafeCreateDataSource(String dataSourceFunctionName, IExpression expression) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.AnalyzeInvocation(IInvocationExpression invocation, Boolean& isDatabaseFunction, IInvocationExpression& resolved) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.VisitInvocation(IInvocationExpression invocation) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ReadOnlyAstVisitor.VisitExpression(IExpression expression) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ReadOnlyAstVisitor.VisitModuleMember(ISectionMember moduleMember) at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine.Interface.ReadOnlyAstVisitor.VisitListElements(IList`1 list) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.VisitDocuments(IEnumerable`1 documents) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.DistinctDataSourceDiscoveryVisitor.FindDataSources(IEnumerable`1 documents, MashupDiscoveryOptions options) at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupConnection.FindReferencedDataSources() at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.MashupContractConversion.MashupContractConversionUtils.TryExtractDatasourceReferencesFromMashup(String mashup, Boolean isMashupPlainText, IList`1& datasourceReferences, IList`1& errorDetails) 

Also, when I try a manual refresh, I get the following error:

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Data source errorUnable to refresh the model (id=3546854) because it references an unsupported data source.
    Cluster URIWABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity IDcd00d1a2-107e-45fd-9ff2-3ab60ecae40c
    Request IDf52fd1ae-ea9d-7d9b-d311-e187e86814ad
    Time2020-07-06 07:13:10Z

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
daniBBB
Frequent Visitor

I managed to figure out the problem.

It seems that Power BI started having a problem with my python data manipulation. I managed to do the required manipulation in Power BI natively and that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daniBBB
Frequent Visitor

I managed to figure out the problem.

It seems that Power BI started having a problem with my python data manipulation. I managed to do the required manipulation in Power BI natively and that fixed the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors