Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shaikhrida7
Frequent Visitor

Can we capture email of user requesting access to Power Bi Report in Power Automate?

I have users who request view access to reports all the time. I usually have to send them the same email of instructions on how to properly request access, and I want to automate that with Power Automate. When a user requests access to a report, I get an email saying 'So and So' [Email] requested Access to Power Bi Report 'SO and SO'. When I try to get that body to show in Power Automate, it only shows the name, and not the email. Is there a away to fix this or get the email to populate in Power Automate? Capturing the email would allow me to use Power Automate to send any user requesting access the proper instructions in an automated fashion, and I can't be the only one who has thought of this. Power Automate Email Message From Power Bi.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @shaikhrida7 

What I would do is to extract the data from the round brackets and the email being sent to get the users email address.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Understood, but the problem is when I ingest the email body in, the message shows without the Email to begin with.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors