Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

david1sp
Frequent Visitor

Can't auto update or manual update a dataset

I have 5 datasets, where 4 works correctly and I have one dataset where i can't update (automatic or manual) the dataset.

I can update it with "Refresh" in Power Bi Desktop but can't update in the app.

I tryed to delete the columns what i created in Power Bi Desktop, delete all dashboards but i didnt found the solution.

The dataset is a SQL Server and Oracle, with Direct Query, and i created the Gateway (it works good because i have 4 datasets more)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I deleted the column and it solved the problem

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @david1sp,

The dataset which failed to update contains two data source, SQL Server and Oracle, right? Did you add both two data sources to data Gateway? Also, please check whether the credential you specified when configuring gateway is correct. Besides, what error meesage was prompted?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Both data sources are added in data Gateway.

The credential are okay because it works with others data sources.

Message error is: "There was a cancellation when sending or receiving an application"

I tryed to divide the data source in smallers data sources but it still doesn't work with a pair of smaller data source (same error)

It's possible i can't update in Power Bi App because I have a column empty?

Well, when i go to "Edit Queries" (Power Bi Desktop), i can see the column has the correct value, but in "Data" its empty

I deleted the column and it solved the problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors