Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PedroAguilar

Calculate This year Month vs Same Month last year growth

Hi,

I need to calculate Month over Month growth but over same month last year. How can I calculate this? Thanks

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PedroAguilar,

As GilbertQ said, if you have a complete general structure calendar tables that link to your fact table records, you can consider using time intelligence functions. (it should suitable to Dax beginner but their function has been fixed so you can't custom or neet them with other functions)
In addition, you can also try to manually write expressions with date functions, it should agility than the above functions but they required you have experience in coding DAX formulas.
If you confused about it, share some dummy data with the raw table structure then we can test to coding formula on it.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PedroAguilar,

As GilbertQ said, if you have a complete general structure calendar tables that link to your fact table records, you can consider using time intelligence functions. (it should suitable to Dax beginner but their function has been fixed so you can't custom or neet them with other functions)
In addition, you can also try to manually write expressions with date functions, it should agility than the above functions but they required you have experience in coding DAX formulas.
If you confused about it, share some dummy data with the raw table structure then we can test to coding formula on it.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @PedroAguilar 

The DAX Function you are looking for is SAMPERIODSLASTYEAR

Here is a great video explaining how to use the function: DAX Fridays! #: 75: SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR - YouTube

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors