Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

trebllaw
Frequent Visitor

Autoscale clarification

Hi,

Need clarification on the Autoscale feature on Gen2. I read that once you hit your CU limit, only 1 v-core will be added per 24 hour. Say, we set a max of 16 v-core, will it take 16 days to max out the autoscale max that we set or everytime we hit the CU (even with the additional cores), it will add another v-core?

Also, when the capacity normalizes, does it go back to the original v-core allocation (after 24 hours) or will it remain with the additional v-cores up until we disable the autoscale feature?

Another question that comes to mind is the pricing. I cant seem to find any pricing details with regards to autoscale. Does it charge on a per day basis, per month? And how much would be the pricing? Is it the same as the P SKU which is around 4995 for 8 v-cores? Do we just divide by 8 to get the price point per v-core?

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @trebllaw 

You can configure how many v-cores you want it to scale up to. So you set the limit.

After 24 hours it will return back to the default. 

The only time it will continue to use the additional v-cores is if you capacity is requiring the additional cores. I would then suggest looking at the metrics app to determine what is the cause.

For the pricing I could not find anything, I would assume it might be the price divided by the 8 cores, or you could turn it on wait a day and then see the costs?

Here is more information on the autoscale: Using Autoscale with Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors