Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Autorefresh Constantly Disabling Without Warning

I'm using the personal gateway that attaches to my pc. Because I'm not on-premise sometimes it will not refresh(especially on weekends) and this is fine. I also get an email for these.

It seems that every week I find out that autorefresh has been disabled with no warning after a couple of days with refresh failures, which are expected and fine. When it's disabled I get NO emails that tell me it's been disabled.

I have to reset EVERY report's refresh schedule every couple weeks, and nobody knows that the reporting is down. This has big implications on my organization. How do I stop this from happening?

1 REPLY 1

@Anonymous If you have shared this reports with others in the org, I would recommend using the normal gateway (Enterprise). Set it up on a Server, don't have any of these issues.

I realize this doesn't serve every purpose, but it is highly likely that the refresh is disabled because it is trying to hit an inaccessible gateway a number of times. Since it can't, it disables. 

Another alternative would be to set up a personal gateway on a machine/VM that doesn't have downtime or can't be reached... However, that doesn't scale well as it is directly tied to your creds, but should work for what you describe.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors