Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maserr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Automaitc Refresh in live connetion

Hi there,

I would need your help in order to understand the utility of setting automatic refresh of my data set in the case of live connection mode. When I am opening my application the data I visualize is the "latest" one, as I am opening the application the data is loading. I do not understant what happens if I configure the automatic refresh each hour, would the refresh (on the top right of the screen) be applied? This is not happening because of course my browser is not refreshing itself.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @maserr ,

I'm not sure that I  understand your question 100%. 

Maybe you are looking for Automatic Page refresh instead of scheduled data refresh. This feature is described here: Automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Please be aware that the limits mentioned in the above article have been lifted with the December 2020 release of Power BI Desktop some days ago.

Now Azure Aanalysis Services and Power BI datasets can be used for Automatic Page Refresh.

Unfortunately, the limit still exists for on-premises live connections like SSAS MD or SSAS Tabular on-opremises.

Maybe, this helps to tackle the challenge you are facing.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors