Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arcgis Map

One of my users is asking a question about an Arcgis map that we use to show value by zip, larger circles for higher value areas. In viewing the map they've noticed the circles are the same size in different areas even though the values are much different. In the example below the circle for an area in Montana (approx $300k) is around the same size as the circle in an area for New York City ($12mil):

mwmchugh_1-1617203059816.png

My assumption is that the size is mainly reflective of the value relative to each area but want to make sure I fully understand before giving that answer. Is that the case with these visuals?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can depend on how you have classified the data. If you did so with 5 breaks, anything beyond 300k could be the same size. So you need to look at how that is setup and defined.

Cheers,

Andrew

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

The ArcGIS map has an option called "Size" and that is the value that determines the size of the circle/dot.  So, whatever you put in that value is what determines the size of the circle on the map.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors