Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skogstokig

ArcGIS Maps for Power BI prompts for login in published report

I've created a report in Power Bi Desktop with an Arcgis Maps for Power BI visual.

The data shown in the map is published to our Arcgis Online account and only shared in my organization so in order to display it in PBI Desktop I've had to login.

The map is working in Desktop but when published the users are asked to login:

login.JPG

The message translates to

"Access to this content requires authorization. Log in below or contact the content owner for access.

Connect to ArcGIS

Access premium GIS content from Arcgis Online or ArcGIS Enterprise"

Signing in takes me to a web page, where I can log in. But it doesnt make any difference. The web page is closed immediately when I log in and the map in the report is still asking for login...

1 REPLY 1
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @skogstokig ,

I think it is normal to be asked to sign in to ArcGIS in the Power BI service if you are using premium features. 

I'm not sure, but it seems like there may be an issue with logging in to ESRI/ArcGIS- you may want to contact ESRI support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors