cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsabuga Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

App Workspace stopped sharing to free users (Sharepoint Embedded)

Hi,

I only have a Pro License and I am sharing my reports to Sharepoint Embedded so that the users(Free license) in our organization can access my reports. It was working fine for the past months until today and I did not change anything. Users now are having an error when they view the report from the Sharepoint site "This content in not available". The user who is having the error is added into the app as an Owner and also a member in the sharepoint site. 

Does anybody know what happened or was there a change in licensing that I did not know about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: App Workspace stopped sharing to free users (Sharepoint Embedded)

@wsabuga You must have been exploiting a technical hole that they filled. Based on licensing alone, you should not be able to share content to a free user. Either they need to have a Pro license, or you are covering their license by purchasing Premium or embedded. If you got this to work without those licenses, that should be considered a gap or bug, and they have apparently filled it.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: App Workspace stopped sharing to free users (Sharepoint Embedded)

@wsabuga You must have been exploiting a technical hole that they filled. Based on licensing alone, you should not be able to share content to a free user. Either they need to have a Pro license, or you are covering their license by purchasing Premium or embedded. If you got this to work without those licenses, that should be considered a gap or bug, and they have apparently filled it.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 3,815 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: